System Controls Engineer
Company/Job Description: Luminati is engaged in a unique and high profile project focused on creating high-altitude UAS systems. This project will significantly advance the state-of-the-art in high-altitude flight, autonomous Guidance Navigation and Control for Unmanned Aerial Systems, and resilient avionics systems design.
Luminati is looking for a systems control engineer with particular experience in aerospace GNC, and demonstrated expertise in design and development of onboard autonomy software.
Job Title: System Controls Engineer
Employer Name: Luminati Aerospace, LLC
Days/Hours & Duration of Job: Full time
Employment Start Date: July 2016
Job Location: Calverton, NY
Develop and build state-of-the-art control systems that meet proposed requirements. You will design new procedures and maintain current procedures for testing software. This person will work very closely with lead controls engineers to turn algorithms into a working product.
Necessary Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years developing algorithms in MATLAB.
- 3+ years developing applications in C++.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace
- Engineering, or other related engineering discipline.
- Self driven, product minded, natural leader.
- Familiarity with DSP RTOS programming.
- System design and software architecture experience.
- Good with code repositories such as GIT and SVN.
- Comfortable in an RTOS environment, and/or multithreaded C++.
- Software test experience.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years developing algorithms in MATLAB.
- 5+ years developing applications in C++.
- Experience with Kalman filtering, Simultaneous Localization and Mapping Techniques, as well as machine learning is preferred.
- Demonstrated publication record in the field of aerospace GNC or onboard/real-time software development for robotic applications
- Experience with DSPs and microcontrollers.
- Experience with scripting languages and makefiles.
- Experience with embedded Linux OS, kernel, u-boot bootloaders, device tree, etc.
- Familiarity with NVIDIA Tegra, ARM Cortex-A8, A9, A15, M4, M7, or C66x architecture.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions have been filled. Interested candidates should submit CV/resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include the position of interest in the subject line.