SOFTWARE APPLICATION DEVELOPER
Company/Job Description: Luminati is engaged in a unique and high profile project focused on creating high-altitude UAS systems. This project will significantly advance the state-of-the-art in high-altitude flight, autonomous Guidance Navigation and Control for Unmanned Aerial Systems, and resilient avionics systems design.
Luminati is looking for an experienced software application developer to help our team design host software applications to interact with unmanned aircraft systems.
Job Title: Software Application Developer
Employer Name: Luminati Aerospace, LLC
Days/Hours & Duration of Job: Full time
Employment Start Date: July 2016
Job Location: Calverton, NY
Develop and build a graphical system that meets proposed requirements. Design GUIs and/or web pages for embedded systems from the ground up quickly and efficiently with little to no guidance. Propose architectural design solutions and graphical HMI application designs for aircraft systems. Write design proposals and construct software requirement documents. Must be willing to work in a fast pace start-up environment. This person will be in charge of all graphical applications at Luminati.
Necessary Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years developing GUIs for Linux or Windows.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or other related engineering discipline.
- Self-driven, product-minded, natural leader.
- Master of C/C++ application programming.
- Familiarity with frameworks such as QT4/5 and .NET.
- Familiarity with operating systems such as Debian/Ubuntu, Android, and iOS.
- Experience with product UI/UX design.
- Ability to produce software design requirements, UML diagrams, flowcharts, and other documentation.
- System design and software architecture experience.
- Good with code repositories such as GIT and SVN.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years developing GUIs for Linux or Windows, web pages on embedded platforms, and applications for mobile devices.
- Experience with aircraft systems or industrial control systems.
- Experience with DSPs and microcontrollers.
- Experience with embedded Linux OS, kernel, u-boot, device tree, etc.
- Experience with ARM + DSP multicore processor architecture.
- Familiarity with NVIDIA Tegra, ARM Cortex-A8, A9, A15, M4, M7, or C66x architecture.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions have been filled. Interested candidates should submit CV/resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position of interest in the subject line.