EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Company/Job Description: Luminati is engaged in a unique and high profile project focused on creating high-altitude UAS systems. This project will significantly advance the state-of-the-art in high-altitude flight, autonomous Guidance Navigation and Control for Unmanned Aerial Systems, and resilient avionics systems design.
Luminati is looking for an experienced individual with a background in embedded software development to help our team design unmanned aircraft control systems.
Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Employer Name: Luminati Aerospace, LLC
Days/Hours & Duration of Job: Full time
Employment Start Date: July 2016
Develop and build an embedded system that meets proposed requirements. Design microcontroller software from the ground up quickly and efficiently with little to no guidance. Must be willing to work in a fast pace start-up environment. You will design new procedures and maintain current procedures for testing software. This person will be the go-to for all low-level embedded programming on DSPs, microcontrollers, or microprocessors.
Necessary Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years developing C/C++ applications and drivers for microcontrollers, DSPs, or microprocessors.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or other related engineering discipline.
- Self-driven, product-minded, natural leader.
- Ability to produce software design requirements, UML diagrams, flowcharts, and other documentation. - System design and software architecture experience.
- Knowledge of low level protocols such as UART, SPI, I2C, PWM, and CAN.
- Good with code repositories such as GIT and SVN.
- Comfortable with circuit schematics and test equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers.
- Comfortable in an RTOS environment, and/or multithreaded C++.
- Software test experience.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- -5+ years developing C/C++ applications and drivers for microcontrollers, DSPs, and microprocessors.
- Experience with scripting languages and makefiles.
- Experience with aircraft systems or industrial control systems.
- Familiarity with MATLAB programming.
- Experience with embedded Linux OS, kernel, u-boot bootloaders, device tree, etc.
- Experience with ARM + DSP multicore processor architecture.
- Familiarity with NVIDIA Tegra, ARM Cortex-A8, A9, A15, M4, M7, or C66x architecture.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions have been filled. Interested candidates should submit CV/resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include the position of interest in the subject line.