EMBEDDED LINUX SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Company/Job Description: Luminati is engaged in a unique and high profile project focused on creating high-altitude UAS systems. This project will significantly advance the state-of-the-art in high-altitude flight, autonomous Guidance Navigation and Control for Unmanned Aerial Systems, and resilient avionics systems design.
Luminati is looking for an experienced embedded software developer to help our team design unmanned aircraft control systems.
Job Title: Embedded Linux Software Engineer
Employer Name: Luminati Aerospace, LLC
Days/Hours & Duration of Job: Full time
Employment Start Date: July 2016
Job Location: Calverton, NY
Develop and build a Linux application architecture that meets proposed requirements. Design multithreaded C++ applications for embedded systems from the ground up quickly and efficiently with little to no guidance. Manage software builds and revisions. Write design proposals and construct software requirement documents. You will design new procedures and maintain current procedures for testing software. Must be willing to work in a fast pace start-up environment. This person will be the master of our Embedded Linux system.
Necessary Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years developing and maintaining Linux applications.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or other related engineering discipline.
- Self-driven, product-minded, natural leader.
- Expert with C and C++ for Embedded Linux platforms
- Experience with scripting languages and makefiles.
- Experience with embedded Linux OS, kernel, u-boot bootloaders, device tree, etc.
- Experience with ARM + DSP multicore processor architecture.
- Ability to produce software design requirements, UML diagrams, flowcharts, and other documentation.
- System design and software architecture experience.
- Good with code repositories such as GIT and SVN.
- Comfortable in an RTOS environment, and/or multithreaded C++.
- Software test experience.
Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years developing and maintaining C++ Linux applications on embedded platforms.
- Experience with aircraft systems or industrial control systems.
- Experience with DSPs and microcontrollers.
- Familiarity with MATLAB programming.
- Comfortable with circuit schematics and test equipment such as power supplies, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers.
- Knowledge of low level protocols such as UART, SPI, I2C, PWM, and CAN. - Familiarity with NVIDIA Tegra, ARM Cortex-A8, A9, A15, M4, M7, or C66x architecture.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions have been filled. Interested candidates should submit CV/resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position of interest in the subject line.