CNC Machine Programmer
Company/Job Description: CNC Machine Programmer responsible to set up and run Luminati’s CNC equipment while maintaining quality and tolerance as required. Create written and verbal procedures for machining and other duties. Interact with engineers to follow and discuss about concepts and fabricate the idea to reality. Must be an expert at 5 Axis MasterCAM and proficient at Solidworks.
Job Title: CNC Machine Programmer
Employer Name: Luminati Aerospace, LLC
Days/Hours & Duration of Job: Full time
Employment Start Date: July 2016
Job Location: Calverton, NY
Necessary Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate will be able to work with little to no supervision and be a self-motivated learner. He or she will have 5+ years of experience with CNC setup in a production or rapid prototyping environment.
- Capable of programming a 5 axis CNC machine without any additional training in Solidworks and MasterCAM
- Prepare drawings of parts, molds, prototype product designs, and tooling with Solidworks and MasterCAM.
- Knowledge and experience using “G” and “M” code are required. Capable of interfacing Solidworks model with CAD/CAM software experience preferred.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, CAD models, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Recognize and understand functions of machine with the ability to modify as required per supervisor’s instructions.
- Perform duties in accordance with company safety policies, reports unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Ability to work with minimal Supervision/make good decisions based on previous knowledge.
- Ability to resolve technical problems is needed. Requires a High School diploma or equivalent with a technical school education and working machinist knowledge or equivalent numerical control machining skills experience and ability to read and interpret work-related machine drawings.